Essentia is looking for someone who enjoys delighting users with beautiful, usable software to join us at VP Engineering at our HQ in Notting Hill, London.
This role is for you if you’re someone who enjoys systems thinking, creating scalable and domain-based architectures, building and mentoring technical talent, and lean iteration on providing insightful solutions for complex problems.
Hopefully, you will also be excited by the opportunity to break new ground in the application of behavioural science to real life investment decision-making. What we do is truly leading-edge - it’s the future of the investment management industry (in our humble opinion).
Finally, it’s important that you’re someone whose values match ours - they are listed on our Careers page and we take them very seriously.
Skills & Requirements
Our VP Engineering must have:
- Solid skills in financial or numerical Python Experience working with trade/post-trade data (equities, bonds)
- Experience of building and leading teams OR running kanban or scrum for a product
- Experience of architecting and building systems
- The right to work in the UK
In addition it would be helpful if you have experience with:
- Cloud based infrastructure (we use AWS and Docker)
- Data ingestion, cleansing and processing
- Functional programming
- Data visualization and UX
- Responsive or user-centred design
We expect that someone with the relevant skills and expertise will have spent 6-8 years working as an engineer and team lead or scrum master.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working with our Research and Product teams to refine and mature our products and services
- Designing and re-engineering our platform, including moving from monolith to microservices where it makes sense
- Prioritisation of the Technology team's work Delivery of new and matured features within our platform (this is a hands-on role)
Salary + equity options.
NOTE TO RECRUITMENT COMPANIES: We’re inundated with requests from eager recruiters just like you. However, we already have our preferred recruitment partners in place and we’re busy building award-winning behavioral software. Please understand if we don’t get back to you.
Does this role sound like a good fit for you? If so, please send your CV and a cover letter about why to [email protected]