We believe that people are our most important asset and one worth protecting. As such, we’re known for creating an enviable working culture - in fact, our impressive and enjoyable working culture has earned us 1st place winners in the ‘Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work for’ – two years in a row for 2015 and 2016!
We are a FinTech company and our business is focused around an online price comparison engine which allows small businesses to buy insurance.
- You will be working within a small cross functional project team consisting of software developers, QA and a product owner to deliver the project using best practices, appropriate tools, and technologies
- Helping to clarify requirements at the onset of projects and suggesting different and relevant technical approaches
- Working closely with business teams to really understand our customers and to deliver features and products that serve them best. We are extremely customer focused.
- Championing Agile methodologies
- Highlighting areas for continuous improvement & driving their prioritisation
- Being proactive in suggesting new tools, technologies and ways of working
Some things we believe in:
- Creating an best-in-class engineering culture – Agile / Lean / TDD /
- Continuous Delivery (we release software to production about 10 times a day on average) / Cross functional teams / pair programming / cross functional teams working together on projects (Dev/QA/UX/product) / Active participation in open source
- Never chaining ourselves to a technology – always experimenting and ‘using the right tool for the job’
- Thought leadership – we host meetup groups and present talks in our office and the community
- Creating a great working environment and culture (modern open plan office, flexible hours, remote working, regular team events, paid company holidays abroad, afterwork clubs – like UX, Robotic, Data science clubs, lunchtime coding challenges over pizza, lunchtime TED talks and lot’s more!)
What we are looking for:
- Strong programming skills (in any language). Most of our web applications are written in Ruby, but we look for strong Developers in any language background because our philosophy is that a strong Developer is not defined by the technologies they use; therefore Ruby experience is not essential to apply. You’ll just need to be happy to cross-over to Ruby if you join us – and we will support you with that! We have taken people from Java, PHP, Python, C# and various backgrounds in the past. It’s a great opportunity to learn a new tech stack!
- The ability to challenge us! We love people who come in and challenge us and not be afraid to raise questions and help us improve.
- Strong communication and collaborative skills
- An advocate of engineering best practices
- A strong desire to work with business teams (we see tech and business as ‘one team’ here – all working together to reach the same goal of creating awesome products to serve our customers best)
- An understanding and appreciation of Agile methodologies
Our tech stack:
We are currently experienced issues with applications from our website. Please apply through this Tech.London jobsite only. Many thanks.