Welcome to Geckoboard!
As our Product Designer, you will have proven experience of working in a similar capacity for a few different companies becoming a domain expert in the field of the business you supported, and have an appetite for a demanding product that has its own unique design challenges.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
As our Product Designer, you will be someone who:
* Champions the user above all else.
* Has experience working closely with developers in a lean / agile environment.
* Can give (and receive!) constructive design feedback.
* Can design elegant solutions to complex problems based on customer research and user testing.
* Builds prototypes as part of their design process.
* Has an infectious enthusiasm for building products users love!
Plus on the design side it would be great if you have:
* Experience running user tests and user research sessions.
* End to end product design skills, from problem to solution, and beyond (test and measure) for example: experience in research, ideation, interaction, prototyping, visual design and testing.
* Some HTML, CSS and JS would be desirable as we do a fair amount of prototyping in code.
* Understanding and opinions about design systems/component libraries
We believe in excellent design and placing the user at the heart of everything we do is critical for our ongoing success. As our third Product Designer, you’ll have the chance to be hugely influential in shaping the future of Geckoboard. You’ll work closely with our Product Managers to identify opportunities to improve the product, and get hands on with the Development Team to implement and iterate your designs.
Thousands of businesses use Geckoboard to build TV Dashboards that help drive growth by taking the complexity out of connecting to their data and making it simple for anyone to understand at a glance. Some of our customers include Airbnb, Slack, Netflix and Skyscanner.
We have a great variety of interesting and unique design opportunities ahead of us. We’re looking for someone who thrives on challenging problems like reimagining how customers get their data into Geckoboard and designing intuitive interfaces for creating useful visualizations.
To apply, please send us your portfolio or some of your most recent work. We really are interested in seeing how you have tackled both success and (yes, it does happen) failures, to demonstrate your thought process and how you approach a project, so let us know a bit more about you.
The role is based in our London office.
LIFE AT GECKOBOARD
We’re constantly striving to ensure that we offer the most encouraging, supportive and efficient environment possible.
We don't just pay lip service to work-life balance, we actively and strongly encourage it. Flexible working hours and the ability to regularly work from home lets you work in a way that fits you and your family. We see our contractual obligation to offer 25 days' paid holiday as a lower bound for everyone in the organisation, not a limit.
We actively contribute to personal and professional development and have a minimum budget allowance to be spent on courses, conferences, and books.