Head of Growth - accounting
We’re a fast growing, tech-enabled, central London business. We were founded with the simple aim to make discovering great jobs easier.
Today Movemeon is used by 25,000 members, 1,500+ businesses (from the likes of Uber and Apple to early stage VC-backed startups) and in 100+ countries. ~200 candidates and ~15 businesses join the membership every week. We deliver them unique opportunities, insight and events through an exclusive members network.
We are expanding fast into new geographies and new professional niches - like finance/accounting and freelance consulting. We’re scaling our insight and events offering. And we’re also launching exciting new products alongside the core movemeon.com site – like payspective.com. It’s all go!
We can take you through our vision when we meet you. Suffice to say, we are thinking big and need your help to execute.
The two founders, Nick Patterson and Richard Rosser set-up movemeon after their frustration with recruitment agencies. We are now a team of 9 and are highly international (French, Italian, Czech, Hungarian, Scottish). We’re continuing to expand and expect a steady flow of new joiners this year (we’re currently hiring for 5 roles). Our office is near Vauxhall (central London) in a complex also home to other growth businesses. We’re actually just about to move to a new space within the building which will give us 4x the space to grow into.
Head of Growth - accounting
We are looking for an (ex-) accountant to lead our growth into the world of finance. Think of this as founding your own business line with a big head start: a proven concept, a ready-built platform, over 1,500 existing clients, accountant users and 4 years of experience at your finger tips.
You will work alongside the wider business development and marketing teams to develop a clear plan for the growth of the accounting vertical.
Specifically your role will include:
• Developing a business plan for growth of our accounting business
• Executing a clear business development strategy, both leveraging the current business development team but also doing your own prospecting and business development
• Managing end-to-end client relationships: new businesses who want to hire accountants; helping them receive applications, and ensure the product is effectively delivered
• Feeding into the marketing team ideas and focus areas to ensure our community grows in all the right places
• Constant analysis of the growth of the business and areas of opportunity
We measure the impact of our marketing, business development and product development. So you’ll get to see (and analyse) plenty of interesting data that will show just how much your hard work is contributing to the growth of the business.
What the right candidate will bring to the table
We are looking for someone with accounting experience. They will likely exhibit:
• At least 1 year in accounting
• Commercially astute and strategic: we want to scale this business as fast as possible; we need people who can think beyond status quo
• Evidence that you are a 'do-er' (yes, thinking is important but lots of stuff needs to get done); previous experience in a start-up would be great
• A creative marketer
• An effective builder of relationships and a people person - we all need to get along and you'll need to hire & inspire a team too
• Super organized – we are growing fast which means things change regularly and can be chaotically busy. You’ll need to keep a clear head and religiously get through your to do list.
• Desire to take on responsibility quickly. As MMO grows, we’ll want you to grow with us. So that means quickly stepping up to manage more aspects of the business and potentially more people too.
About our offer:
• Exciting business in a time of rapid growth
• Start-up environment and ethos (i.e. we don’t do face time and we don’t do anything that doesn’t need to be done)
• Respect for and encouragement of your own ideas and initiatives
• Real responsibility
• Fun, smart team of normal people
• A sensible work life balance (we leave the office by 6pm every day and don’t work weekends)
• Monthly team fun & annual away weeks (like last year’s trip to Brittany and this year’s trip to Chamonix – see: https://www.movemeon.com/blog/the-benefits-of-company-away-weeks/)
• An office in central SW London (we’re based near Vauxhall tube)
• 25 days holiday + 2 extra days at Christmas
• Competitive salary & quarterly bonus related to metrics you can track and control
Please email [email protected]
with a copy of you CV and also a short cover letter telling us exactly why you would be a good fit for the role. The subject of the email should be ‘Head of Accounting" followed by your full name. Please specify your notice period (if any) and your salary. We look forward to hearing from you.
Apply for position