We’re a fast growing, tech-enabled, central London based growth business. We were founded with the simple aim to make discovering great jobs easier.
Today Movemeon is used by 25,000 members, 1,500+ businesses (from the likes of Uber and Apple to early stage VC-backed startups) and in 100+ countries. ~200 candidates and ~15 businesses join the membership every week. We deliver them unique opportunities, insight and events through an exclusive members network.
We are expanding fast into new geographies and new professional niches - like finance/accounting and freelance consulting: http://mmofreelance.com/. We’re scaling our insight and events offering: http://insight.movemeon.com/. And we’re also launching exciting new products alongside the core movemeon.com site – like payspective.com. It’s all go!
We can take you through our vision when we meet you. Suffice to say, we are thinking big and need your help to execute.
The two founders, Nick Patterson and Richard Rosser set-up movemeon after their frustration with recruitment agencies. We are now a team of 9 and are highly international (French, Italian, Czech, Hungarian, Scottish). We’re continuing to expand and expect a steady flow of new joiners this year (we’re currently hiring for 5 roles). Our office is near Vauxhall (central London) in a complex also home to other growth businesses. We’re actually just about to move to a new space within the building which will give us 4x the space to grow into.
About the Growth Manager role
We are looking for a recent university graduate / early career professional to join our London team as a Growth Manager. This is a chance to join a small team in a time of rapid growth. It’s also an opportunity to be hands-on and take as much responsibility as you can handle.
You’ll be involved primarily in building the ‘employer side’ of our network – attracting new employers and supporting retention of current customers. You’ll work alongside a member of our current team and focus with their support on a particular type of employer – a ‘business line’ - that partners with us (e.g, start-ups – we partner with ~500).
Given we’re a small team, you’ll have exposure right across the business, building skills and experience in everything from digital marketing to events to tech development. It’s a well-rounded job, and you’ll never stop learning.
We measure the impact of pretty much everything we do. So you’ll get to see (and analyse) plenty of interesting data that will show just how much your hard work is contributing to the growth of the business. Should you do well in this role, the idea is that you’d grow in seniority with the business and perhaps step up to manage one of our business lines.
If you’re still reading at this point, you’ll be interested to hear what some of our team thought after their first few months at MMO
What the right candidate will bring to the table
• Evidence that you are a 'do-er' (yes, thinking is important but lots of stuff needs to get done). You’ll be proactive and demonstrate that you get stuck in, organize things and have probably always had holiday jobs / part time work etc.
• A people person. A really important part of this job is developing relationships with employers and making them love using us. At the end of the day, without paying employers we wouldn’t have a business. You’ll be great over email and comfortable chatting on the phone and in person too.
• You enjoy the idea of making a sale and perhaps even have experience creating & selling – this role is at the heart of growing revenues.
• Entrepreneurship in your DNA – you never fancied / tried but got frustrated with a corporate job.
• Super organized – we are growing fast which means things change regularly and can be chaotically busy. You’ll need to keep a clear head and religiously get through your to do list.
• Desire to take on responsibility quickly. As MMO grows, we’ll want you to grow with us. So that means quickly stepping up to manage more aspects of the business and potentially more people too.
• Maturity, probably beyond your years.
• Minimum of a 2:1 degree from a UK Russell Group (or international equivalent) university
• Fluent written and spoken English
• Fun team member (we have lots of it)
Helpful experience / skills but not required:
• Start-up (e.g, an internship / 1st job)
• Previous work experience (i.e, you’ve started your career elsewhere)
• Fluency in a foreign language
So if this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you (see details below).
About our offer:
• Exciting business in a time of rapid growth
• Start-up environment and ethos (i.e. we don’t do face time and we don’t do anything that doesn’t need to be done)
• Respect for and encouragement of your own ideas and initiatives
• Real responsibility
• Fun, smart team of normal people
• A sensible work life balance (we leave the office by 6pm every day and don’t work weekends)
• Monthly team fun & annual away weeks (like last year’s trip to Brittany and this year’s trip to Chamonix – see: https://www.movemeon.com/blog/the-benefits-of-company-away-weeks/)
• An office in central SW London (we’re based near Vauxhall tube)
• 25 days holiday + 2 extra days at Christmas
• Competitive salary & quarterly bonus related to metrics you can track and control
Please include also a short cover letter telling us exactly why you would be a good fit for the role. Please specify your notice period (if any) and your salary. We look forward to hearing from you.