If your answer is YES, and you’re aged 17-24 then you can apply for up to £10,000 and take The Environment Now challenge.
In return, we will offer you mentoring, work experience and insight days with industry professionals to help you bring your idea to life.
The Environment Now programme is funded by O2 and the National Lottery through the Big Lottery Fund, and is part of the Our Bright Future programme. It is managed by the National Youth Agency.
Your The Environment Now project must:
1. Have a designated project leader that is aged between 17-24. Our programme is specifically aimed at young people and the project team must reflect this.
2. Have a positive and measurable environmental impact in areas such as; energy efficiency or waste and recycling.
3. Use digital technology to solve an environmental issue, this could include, but is not limited to:
- Using digital skills and/or digital connectivity
- The use of pre-existing technologies and digital platforms
- Using digital research and data management
4. Be based within the UK; although it could have wider benefits.
5. Have realistic and achievable objectives within the available funding and timeframe.
6. Have sustainable values, considering your projects impact on the environment and local community.
7. Not pay for team salaries, accommodation rent, social trips or any personal expenses that aren’t related to your project.
8. Not support or endorse political parties, religious organisations and extreme activist groups.
9. Not be part of an existing project or charity just requiring additional funding to continuing its existing work with no new elements.
10. Not require additional funding to complete your The Environment Now project objectives.
Want to apply to The Environment Now Challenge? Click the link above to learn more.